Greatest Planet Website Terms and Conditions
We maintain this Website (the "Site" or "Website") in order to provide you with information about our carbon offset projects and how you can negate your CO2 emissions by investing in those projects.
The following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") govern your use of the Greatest Planet website. Your use of certain areas or features of the Web Site may be subject to additional or separate terms and conditions, which will be posted or otherwise made available to you in connection with such an area or feature. The Site is owned and operated by Greatest Planet ("Greatest Planet" or "we" or "us" or "our" or other similar pronouns). We may change the Terms and Conditions from time to time, at any time without notice to you, by posting such changes on the Site. BY ACCESSING, USING, BROWSING, OR BUYING CARBON OFFSETS ON THE SITE, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you should not access or otherwise use the Site.
1. Proprietary Rights. As between you and Greatest Planet, Greatest Planet owns, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to the Site, all the content (including, for example, audio, images, photographs, illustrations, text, graphics, logos, button icons, other visuals, video, copy, etc.), software, code, data and materials thereon, the look and feel, design and organisation of the Site, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on the Site, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, database rights, trade secrets, moral rights (including the rights of authorship and attribution and subsequent modification), sui generis rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights (whether registered or unregistered in any jurisdiction) therein. Your use of the Site does not grant to you ownership of any content, software, code, data, or materials you may access on the Site.
2. Prohibited Use. Any commercial distribution, publishing or exploitation of the Site, or any content, software, code, data or materials on the Site, is strictly prohibited unless you have received the express prior written permission of Greatest Planet or the applicable rights holder. Other than as provided in Section 2 above, you may not download, display, copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, perform, transfer, create derivative works from, sell or otherwise exploit any content, software, code, data or materials on the Site. If you make other use of the Site, or the content, software, code, data or materials thereon, except as otherwise provided above, you may violate copyright and other laws of the United States, United Kingdom, and other countries, and may be subject to liability for such unauthorised use.
5. Prohibited User Conduct. You warrant and agree that, while using the Website and the various services and features offered on or through the Website, you shall not: (a) impersonate any person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity; (b) attempt to gain unauthorised access to other computer systems through the Website; (c) engage in spidering, "screen scraping," "database scraping," harvesting of project information, e-mail addresses, wireless addresses or other contact or personal information, or any other automatic means of obtaining lists of project items or information, users or other information from or through the Site or the services offered on or through the Site, including without limitation any information residing on any server or database connected to the Site or the services offered on or through the Site; (d) obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to computer systems, materials or information through any means; (e) use the Site or the services made available on or through the Site in any manner with the intent to interrupt, damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or such services, including, without limitation, sending mass unsolicited messages or "flooding" servers with requests; (f) use the Website or the Website's services or features in violation of Greatest Planet's or any third party's intellectual property or other proprietary or legal rights; or (g) use the Site or the Site's services in violation of any applicable law. You further agree that you may not attempt (or encourage or support any one else's attempt) to engage in any of the foregoing prohibited activities or to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, disassemble, decompile or otherwise alter or interfere with the Site or the Site's services, or any content thereof, or make unauthorised use thereof. You agree that you will not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site. You may not obtain, use or access, or attempt to obtain, use or access, any materials or information through any means not intentionally made publicly available or provided for through the Site.
6. Linking to the Web Site. You agree that if you include a link from any other web site to this Web Site, such link shall: (i) not contain any logos, but rather should merely read "Greatest Planet’s Website" or "Greatest Planet" in plain text, (ii) open in a new browser window; and (iii) link to the full version of an HTML formatted page of this Web Site. You are not permitted to link directly to any image hosted on the Web Site or our services, such as using an "in-line" linking method to cause the image hosted by us to be displayed on another web site. You agree not to download or use images hosted on this Website on another website, for any purpose, including, without limitation, posting such images on another site. You agree not to link from any other web site to this Website in any manner such that the Website, or any page of the Website, is "framed," surrounded or obfuscated by any third party content, materials or branding. We reserve all of our rights under the law to insist that any link to the Website be discontinued, and to revoke your right to link to the Website from any other web site at any time upon written notice to you.
7. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify on demand and keep Greatest Planet indemnified, and hold Greatest Planet's and any of its affiliates and or related entities, and their directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs, losses (including without limitation consequential and indirect losses) and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising in any way from your use of the Site or the services thereon, your placement or transmission of any message, content, information, software or other materials through the Site, or your fraudulent or deceptive acts or omissions, or breach or violation of the law (including infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity) or of these Terms and Conditions. Greatest Planet's reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with Greatest Planet's defense of such claim.
8. Orders for Carbon Offsets. We make carbon offsets available for purchase through the Web Site to visitors. You may only order carbon offsets if you are 18 years old or older. You agree to pay in full the prices for any purchases you make either by credit/debit card concurrent with your online order or by other payment means acceptable to Greatest Planet's. You agree to pay all applicable taxes. If payment is not received by us from your credit or debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us.
9. Copyright Agent. We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the Site do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to Greatest Planet:
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties. The site, including, without limitation, all services, content, functions and materials, is provided "as is," "as available," without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise, for information, data, data processing services, uptime or uninterrupted access, any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, usefulness, or content of information, any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage of trade, and we hereby disclaim any and all such warranties, express and implied. We do not warrant, represent or covenant that the site or the services, content, functions or materials contained therein will be timely, secure, uninterrupted or error free, or that defects will be corrected. We make no warranty that the site will meet users' requirements. No advice, results or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from us or through the site shall create any warranty not expressly made herein. Greatest Planet also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, audio or software from the site. If you are dissatisfied with the site, your sole remedy is to discontinue using the site.
We try to ensure that the information posted on the site is correct and up-to-date. We reserve the right to change or make corrections to any of the information provided on the site at any time and without any prior warning. We cannot, and do not, guarantee the correctness, precision, thoroughness or completeness of any of the information available on the site, nor will we be liable for any inaccuracy or omission concerning any of the information provided on the site.
Without limitation of the above in this section, Greatest Planet makes no warranties or representations regarding any products or services ordered or provided via the site, and hereby disclaim, and you hereby waive, any and all warranties and representations made in product or services literature, frequently asked questions documents and otherwise on the site or in correspondence with Greatest Planet or. Any products and services ordered or provided via the site are provided by Greatest Planet "as is," except to the extent, if at all, otherwise set forth in a license or sale agreement separately entered into in writing between you and Greatest Planet.
11. Limitation of Liability. In no event shall Greatest Planet, or any of their directors, officers, employees, agents or content or service providers (collectively, the "protected entities") be liable, whether in an action based on a contract indemnification, obligation, tort (including without limitation negligence), collaterally or arising from any statutory duty, pre-contract or other representations, or otherwise, however arising, for any economic losses (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business, goodwill or anticipated savings) or any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages arising from, or directly or indirectly related to, the use of, or the inability to use, the site or the content, materials and functions related thereto, your provision of information via the site, lost business or lost sales, even if such protected entity has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so some of the above limitations may not apply to certain users. In no event shall the protected entities be liable for or in connection with any content posted, transmitted, exchanged or received by or on behalf of any user or other person on or through the site. In no event shall the total aggregate liability of the protected entities to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract or tort, including, but not limited to, negligence or otherwise) arising from the terms and conditions or your use of the site exceed, in the aggregate, the amount, if any, paid by you to greatest planet for your use of the site or purchase of products via the site
12. Termination. Greatest Planet's may terminate, change, suspend, add to or discontinue any aspect of the Site or the Site's services at any time, in our sole discretion, and without liability to any user.
13. Changes to Terms and Conditions and Site. Greatest Planet reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of these Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at any time, and we will post the revised version on this Site. Changes in the Terms and Conditions will be effective when posted. Your continued use of the Site and/or the services offered on or through the Site after any changes to the Terms and Conditions are posted will be considered acceptance of those changes.
14. Miscellaneous. Any waiver of any provision of these Terms and Conditions by Greatest Planet must be made in writing and signed by an authorised representative of Greatest Planet's specifically referencing these Terms and Conditions and the provision to be waived. Headings used in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and are not to be relied upon. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect. These Terms and Conditions will inure to the benefit of, and are intended to be enforceable by, Greatest Planet's successors, assigns and licensees. There are no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement; a person who is not a party to this Agreement has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any term or provision of this Agreement.